Candle Care & Safety
All of our candles are made from 100% soybean wax, which essentially is a vegetable oil. Soy wax burns slower than alternative waxes, which means your candle will burn longer. While all candles may emit some black soot when burning, soy wax burns much cleaner which results in less soot.
Tips to follow that will allow you to get the full experience of the ambiance of your candles:
- Burn your candle for at least 1 hour so that it makes an even burning pool, but no longer than 4 hours a session.
- Extinguish all candles when leaving a room or before going to sleep by covering it with the original lid.
- Trim candlewicks to ¼ inch each time before re-lighting. Long or crooked wicks can cause uneven burning and dripping.
- Never burn a candle on or near anything that is potentially flammable and can catch fire.
- Keep burning candles out of the reach of children and pets.
- Keep burning candles away from drafts, vents, ceiling fans and air currents.
- Always burn candles in a well-ventilated room.
- Don’t burn a candle all the way down. Extinguish the flame when it gets within ½ inch of the bottom of the vessel.
- Never touch or move a burning candle or container candle while it’s burning.
- Be very careful if using candles during a power outage.
- Extinguish a candle immediately if it repeatedly smokes, flickers, or the flame becomes too high. Never use a candle as a night light.
If you have any questions about care and safety of our candles or any of our products, don’t hesitate to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.